Version 5.4.7 released on 16 September 2003 fixes a minor bug in the Clean Variables function.
Version 5.4.6 released on 4 September 2003 fixes a minor bug in the Clean Variables function.
Version 5.4.5 released on 4 March 2003 fixes an intermittent bug where the mask colour on the icons was not always replaced correctly.
Version 5.4.3 released on 21 February 2003 fixes a bug when running on non-English versions of Visual Basic.
Download a free 30-day evaluation version today.
- Less time spent on tedious tasks and more time spent productively
- Quick insertion of user-defined error handling within your procedures
- Simple organization of procedures within modules with their documentation and error handling status available at a glance
- Standardise code documentation through automatic insertion of user-defined boilerplates at the top of procedures and modules
- Maintain common user-defined templates that can be quickly and simply inserted into your code
- Keep a less cluttered IDE by simply closing all code and form designer windows with the click of a button
- Quickly format imported code to a more sensible indentation layout
- Remove redundant variable declarations
- Organise the tab order and zorder of VB controls
- Analyse your code to obtain useful statistics
- Quickly remove redundant white space
VBCodeHelper adds its own menu, and 15 buttons and a combo box to its own toolbar in the Visual Basic IDE. It is also supplied with a configuration program that allows you to configure the add-in to your exact requirements. All the code insertion options are fully template driven and so can be customised to your exact requirements.
All boilerplates and templates are fully configurable by you, and can contain tokens that are replaced by relevant values during their insertion, for instance, the %AUTHOR% tag would be replaced by the name you setup with the configuration program.
- Document Entire Module: You can quickly insert user-defined boilerplates for every procedure.
- Document Procedure: You can quickly insert a user-defined boilerplate for the current procedure.
- Insert Error Handler: You can insert two types of user-defined code at the top and bottom of a procedure to handle errors at the click of a button, there is also a function to add error handling to all procedures in a module with the click of a button.
- Procedure List: Display a list of all the procedures within a module that identifies whether they have been documented or contain an error handler. Allows you to quickly alter the order of the procedures within the module or to jump to any procedure.
- Clean Variables: The add-in will comment out all redundant unused variables in your procedures.
- Smart Indent Code: You can quickly indent the source code, particularly useful where you paste code from samples on the web.
- Smart Tab Ordering: You can quickly and simply set the tab-ordering for your VB controls.
- ZOrder Management: You can use a list of all controls to ‘Bring to Front’ or ‘Send to Back’ a selected control. This is particularly useful where you are overlaying controls, such as frames, to show and hide at run time, but where you are still designing the form.
- Statistics: You can obtain statistics on your code that will tell you how many total lines, code lines, comment lines, blank lines, VB controls and procedures are in each of the components, with sub-totals for each project.
- Tidy White Space: You can remove all redundant white space within one or all modules at the click of a button.
- Insert Time Stamp: You can insert a time stamp template with, for instance, your initials and the date/time at the current position in a module.
- Insert Template: You can insert any user defined code as a template at the current position in a module.
- Close Windows: You can close all code and form designer windows.
- Clear Immediate Window: You can clear all text from the immediate window.